Project "Virtual reality game: my first day at school"
The aim of this project is to develop a virtual reality game to enable the assessment of socio-emotional skills as well as approach and avoidance behavior and their psycho-physiological correlates in individuals with limited self-reporting capacity. This is a sub-project of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) professorship project, which has aims to better understand socio-emotional processes in individuals with developmental disorders and intellectual disability (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Williams Syndrome, a non-specific intellectual disability) (compared to individuals with a typical development).
To find out more about study participation, please check out our brochure:
Study on socio-emotional processes in people with or without developmental problems (in French)
We are recruiting! If you are interested in participating in this study, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com or 079 521 36 95.
Duration of the study
2018 – 2022
- Prof. Andrea Samson - Associate Professor at the Faculty of Psychology, Swiss Distance University Institute, SNSF Professor at the Institute of Special Education at the University of Fribourg and director of the Swiss Emotion Experience, Regulation and Support Lab (chEERS Lab).
- Michel Tran - Virtual Reality Engineer, chEERS Lab, Swiss Distance University Institute
- Lina Stallmann and Noémie Treichel - SNSF-funded doctoral students in special education at the Institute of Special Education at the University of Fribourg and member of the chEERS Lab.
- Anouk Papon and Samantha Rehm - research assistants at the chEERS Lab
- Dr Daniel Dukes - Lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Swiss Distance University Institute, SNSF-funded post-doctoral scholar at the Institute of Special Education at the University of Fribourg and member of the chEERS Lab.
- Prof. David Rudrauf - Associate Professor in the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences at the University of Geneva, and director of the Multimodal Modelling of Emotion and Feeling laboratory at the University of Geneva
- Swiss Distance University Institute, Brig, Switzerland
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- Inter-faculty Centre for Affective Sciences, University of Geneva