Presentation of the Master in Artificial Intelligence
Inspired by the dual-track swiss education system, the Master focuses to a large extent on the acquisition of professional expertise. It combines cutting-edge theoretical courses and work-based learning in a company. The student specialises in AI and develops artificial intelligence projects within the company he/she works for. Projects are supervised by AI researchers and specialists of the Idiap Research Institute, a national centre of AI expertise.
This unique university education is the fruit of a strategic partnership between the Swiss Distance University Institute and Idiap. Distance University offers an advanced technical and organisational infrastructure thanks to its expertise in e-learning and its status within the Swiss higher education system. Idiap offers scientific expertise as a national competence centre in artificial intelligence and expert in technology transfer.
What makes our master so special?
Besides combining those two sides : working in a company and studying, the Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence is a recognised, flexible and professionalising degree which is perfectly in line with the recent developments in our society. It offers many advantages:
- It combines a job experience with flexible distance learning courses
- Your degree will be recognised in Switzerland and abroad according to the Bologna criteria.
- The flexibility of distance studying allows you to organise your education according to your personal situation.
- Personal supervision and close contact with teachers and assistants with the help of e-tools.
- The acquisition of professional expertise along with theoretical courses.
Who is this Master in Artificial Intelligence for?
This programme is perfect for:
- Students with a solid computer science background, motivated on developing an artificial intelligence strategy with a company and creating one or more projects.
- Companies aiming at integrating artificial intelligence in their strategy, but lacking highly qualified employees. The company establishes a position in the company for the student in charge of the AI project(s) and is also advised and supported by Idiap researchers and specialists.
Further information for companies: www.master-ai.ch
You can only start once a year, on the:
Master of Science (M Sc) in Artificial Intelligence, 90 ECTS
3 semesters (18 months)
Type of course
Full-time dual track education and training courses combining lectures with working in a business enterprise
Approximately 45 hours a week
Conditions of admission
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent field
Being employed in one of our partner companies
Courses are taught in English but the work for the partner company is carried out in its corporate language.
Costs for the students
Tuition fee: CHF 2,000 / semester
Partner company costs
Next welcome session
29 January 2021
At the end of each term (trimester) (6 sessions)