Presentation of the Master in Artificial Intelligence
Inspired by the dual-track swiss education system, the Masters focuses to a large extent on the acquisition of professional expertise. It combines state-of-the-art theoretical courses and professional work in a company. The student specialises in AI and develops artificial intelligence projects within the company. Projects are supervised by AI researchers and specialists of the Idiap Research Institute, a national centre of AI expertise.
This unique university education is the fruit of a strategic partnership between Distance Learning University, Switzerland and Idiap. Distance University offers a cutting edge technical and organisational infrastructure thanks to its expertise in e-learning and its status within the Swiss higher education system. Idiap offers scientific expertise as a national centre of expertise in artificial intelligence.
What makes our integrated master so special?
The Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence is a recognised, flexible professional qualification adapted to recent trends in our society. It has many advantages:
- It combines a job experience with flexible distance learning courses
- Your degree will be recognised in Switzerland and abroad according to the Bologna criteria.
- The flexibility of distance study allows you to organise your education according to your personal circumstances.
- Personal supervision and close contact with professors and assistants with the help of e-tools.
- The acquisition of professional expertise along with theoretical courses.
The Master in Artificial Intelligence: who is it for?
This programme is perfect for:
- Students with a solid IT background, with the motivation to work with the company in setting up an artificial intelligence development strategy. This strategy takes the form of developing one or more projects.
- To companies which aim to integrate artificial intelligence in their strategy, but which are blocked by the lack of highly qualified staff. The company establishes a position in the company for the student who is given responsibility for the AI project(s). The company is advised and supported by Idiap researchers and specialists.
1 February - 14 July 2019
5 August 2019 - 26 January 2020
5 February - 12 July 2020
Master of Science (MSc) in Artificial Intelligence, 90 ECTS
3 semesters (18 months)
Type of course
Full-time dual track education and training course combining lectures with working in a business enterprise
Approximately 45 hours a week
Conditions of admission
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent field
Employment in a programme’s business partner
Courses are taught in English
The personal work in a business enterprise is carried out in the language of that company
Tuition fee: CHF 2,000 / semester
Partner company costs
Next introductory session
1st February 2019
At the end of each term (trimester) (6 sessions)