Workshop «Trends on dissipativity in systems and control»
The workshop will address recent progress on dissipativity in systems and control, including (but is not limited to):
- the exploitation of dissipative and port-Hamiltonian system structures in control
- simulation and optimisation of dissipative systems,
- energy-based modeling concepts,
- structure-preserving model reduction methods, and
- data-driven control methods.
Date and Venue
May 23-25 2022, at the premises of UniDistance Suisse in Brig (Switzerland).
The workshop program will begin on Monday, 9am and will end on Wednesday, 4pm.
The workshop will take place in the assembly hall of the new campus building of UniDistance Suisse and Fernfachhochschule Schweiz (Schinerstrasse 18, 3900 Brig, Switzerland).
- Giancarlo Ferrari-Trecate (EPF Lausanne),
- Sara Grundel (MPI DCTS Magdeburg),
- Andrea Iannelli (ETH Zürich),
- Birgit Jacob (U Wuppertal),
- Manuel Schaller (TU Ilmenau),
- Arjan van der Schaft (U Groningen).
The workshop itself is free of charge. However, board and lodging have to be covered by each participant individually.
The workshop is supported by a grant of the Swiss National Science Foundation and the Research, Development, and Cooperation Fund of UniDistance Suisse.
With these funds, we can support a limited number of actively participating early-career researchers from abroad.
If you are interested in such a stipend of max. 1'000 CHF, then please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com by April 1, 2022.
Note that priority will be given to applicants who could otherwise not attend the workshop.
Participants are requested to book their accommodation individually. A limited amount of hotel rooms has been reserved for the workshop until April 15, 2022. The following hotels can be booked with the reference "Workshop UniDistance":
- Hotel Du Pont (double rooms for CHF 170 (single use for CHF 130) per night): https://www.hoteldupont.ch/, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Europe (single rooms for CHF 99, double rooms for CHF 150 (single use for CHF 120) per night): https://hotel-europe-brig.odoo.com/, email@example.com
- Gästehaus St. Ursula (basic single rooms with shared shower for CHF 75, standard single rooms with private shower for CHF 85, standard double rooms with private shower for CHF 150 (single use for CHF 120) per night): http://www.st-ursula.ch/index.php?id=3, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brig is well-connected to major cities in Switzerland and abroad. There are direct train connections from/to Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Zürich, and Milano. The nearest airports are in Milano-Malpensa, Zürich, and Geneva.
- April 1, 2022: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- April 10, 2022: Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection
- April 15, 2022: Deadline for booking accommodation from the reserved room contigent
- May 23-25, 2022: Workshop