Consisting of the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor for Education, the Vice-Chancellor for Research, the Director of Academic Services and the Director of Central Services, the main function of the Executive Board is the operational management of the institution.
The missions of the Executive Board
The Executive Board of the Swiss Distance Learning University
- coordinates education/teaching, research and services.
- defines the guiding principle, strategy and the rules and regulations.
- draws up a long-term plan and a budget plan.
- carries out the decisions adopted by the committee of the Foundation Council (Board of Trustees) and of the Academic Council.
- manages the finances, defines the budget and hires staff.
- administers the research fund in accordance with the regulations.
- oversees the procedure for appointing professors/lecturers and prepares vacancy adverts in accordance with the «University Regulations for Employing Scientific Staff» (URHSS).
- guarantees the quality of the teaching and research and carries out regular assessments to this effect.
- draws up the annual report.
Prof. Marc Bors
Prof. Renate Schubert
Vice-Chancellor for Education
Prof. Walter Perrig
Vice-Chancellor for Research